DIVE DEEPER INTO THE REVERSO STORY
In 1931, Jaeger-LeCoultre launched a timepiece that was destined to become a classic of 20th-century design: the Reverso.
Today, 90 years after it was born, the Reverso continues to epitomise the spirit of modernity that inspired its creation.
The Reverso Discovery Workshop explores the origins of the Reverso case – from its Art Deco lines to its ingenious swivelling mechanism – then traces its evolution through the decades, as a canvas for artistic expression and a home to high-watchmaking complications.
Participants will dive deep into the Reverso archives and go hands-on with a variety of models. Finally, guided by an expert from the Manufacture, they will take on the unique challenge of assembling more than 50 components to create a Reverso case – a fascinating test of dexterity and patience!
Discovery Workshop participants may deepen their experience by combining it with a Manufacture Visit focused on the Reverso.
The guided Manufacture visit is a unique opportunity to see how the Manufacture’s watchmakers and artisans apply those design principles and technical skills in the day-to-day work of creating a Reverso.
THE REVERSO DISCOVERY WORKSHOP AND MANUFACTURE VISIT
- 5 hours
- 300 CHF incl. VAT
- French / English
- Available countries
- Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre
- Rue de la Golisse 8, 1247 Le Sentier, Switzerland
Guided by an instructor and a technical expert from our Manufacture, you will discover:
- how the Reverso design was conceived,
- why its case flips over,
- and what made the design so technically challenging.
You will trace its evolution through landmark historic pieces to the current collection.
Our experts will reveal secrets of the patented swivelling mechanism and other innovations that have made the watch so distinctive throughout its 90-year history.
You will become fully immersed in the Reverso universe by going hands-on with various pieces, and by trying your hand at assembling a Reverso case from start to finish.
After a lunch break, you will:
- observe, at close quarters, the different stages involved in the fabrication of a Reverso and the specific technical and creative skills required to produce it
- follow the process through the decorative finishing of the technical components to the assembly of the entire movement, case and dial, and the final casing up of the watch.
- discover several high complication movements that have been specially created for the Reverso, and visit the Atelier des Métiers Rares® (Artistic Crafts Workshop), where enamellers, engravers and gem-setters transform classical Reverso cases into miniature works of art.
Maximum participants: 8 people. Please note that a minimum of 3 participants is required to confirm the experience.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the time indicated on your reservation.
- from 9am to 12am : "Reverso" Discovery Workshop
- from 1:30pm to 3:30pm : Guided Manufacture visit