THE REVERSO DISCOVERY WORKSHOP AND MANUFACTURE VISIT
- 5 hours
- 300 CHF incl. VAT
- French / English
- Available countries
- Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre
- Rue de la Golisse 8, 1247 Le Sentier, Switzerland
Guided by an instructor and a technical expert from our Manufacture, you will discover:
- how the Reverso design was conceived,
- why its case flips over,
- and what made the design so technically challenging.
You will trace its evolution through landmark historic pieces to the current collection.
Our experts will reveal secrets of the patented swivelling mechanism and other innovations that have made the watch so distinctive throughout its 90-year history.
You will become fully immersed in the Reverso universe by going hands-on with various pieces, and by trying your hand at assembling a Reverso case from start to finish.
After a lunch break, you will:
- observe, at close quarters, the different stages involved in the fabrication of a Reverso and the specific technical and creative skills required to produce it
- follow the process through the decorative finishing of the technical components to the assembly of the entire movement, case and dial, and the final casing up of the watch.
- discover several high complication movements that have been specially created for the Reverso, and visit the Atelier des Métiers Rares® (Artistic Crafts Workshop), where enamellers, engravers and gem-setters transform classical Reverso cases into miniature works of art.
Maximum participants: 8 people. Please note that a minimum of 3 participants is required to confirm the experience.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the time indicated on your reservation.
- from 9h to 12h : "Reverso" Discovery Workshop
- from 13h30 to 15h30 : Guided Manufacture visit